Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions and soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
How You Can Clean Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- To fan out smoke, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.