Preventing Water Damage
No home or business can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages within your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand. Call the professionals immediately to decrease the amount of water damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will evaluate and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. Every homeowner needs to know how to protect their building from water damages.
The Causes of Water Damage
Prevention is the most effective way to beat water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to be constantly on the lookout for the signs of water damage. This means finding the time to analyze home appliances that use water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. You can stop this from happening. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.