Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the kind of mold that grows in your house or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your house. It’s only when there is mold growing in your property that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the type of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will devise the optimal way to treat it and carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your best choice is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your residence and major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it lives in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given residence, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with getting your home safe and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It spreads in porous, overtly moist environments like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. It requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in colder weather, this mold is pink or coral in color and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect there is mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing required to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.